We did it....we made it through the hardest week in our lifetime! Camden pulled through with too many ups and downs. The 96 hr medication ended at 9:00 this morning. Now we are battling the miserable side effects from the narcotics, which are being weaned. We are thankful for all the prayers and support! You have no idea how comforting it is to know we are surrounded by our crusaders! Thank you and God Bless!!!
4 hours into treatment. We are not allowed to make up missed treatment time and todays medication rate was decreased by 50%..... Which means we basically lost 24 hours of treatment that cannot be made up. It is a struggle with accepting this... But his safety is important. Today is going well. All of his vitals are good. Cam sat on my lap and we went for a wheelchair ride in the hallway. Placing Camden completely in God's hands...please Lord intervene and heal our son! He is carrying your cross...please make him our miracle!
We had everything BUT a restful night. Camden's scary cough was persistent, his blood pressure dropped really low, we had to stop his 96 hour medication; which is still off and has been for ? 7 hours. Camden required a blood transfusion. We were close to being transferred to the ICU...but Camden recovered with his blood pressure and now that we have mostly rebounded from our long night, i am bracing myself and praying that today goes well. Day 4 of 4.....we are completely and totally exhausted beyond belief.....
I have been trying to update...sorry for keeping you in suspense! We are 4 hours into treatment. Camden's fever broke, finally! We are keeping the hives away! We have weaned him from oxygen support. Quiet day today so far!! Thank you everyone for your prayers, love, and support! This treatment is critical for Camden's recovery and we are fighting to get him the best chance of survival. Our prayers are being answered. Thank you so so much!! Thank you God!
~as always, much love!!
Good morning everyone....it is dreaded day 3. Praying for a good day today! Camden can't kick the fevers (102-104) with Tylenol. All we can do is Tylenol every 4 hours and he spikes every 2. No Motrin because his platelets were trending down. He is miserably comfortable (if that makes sense). Please Lord get us through this. Waiting for our miracle!
I lost 3 hours (1:30-4:30) Cam was really bad...everything happened at once. He is on oxygen now. His heart rate is elevated. Hives went away. The ICU came up to evaluate him. I think we will get through the next 4 hours tonight, but not sure about the next 2 days! Trying to stay positive...it is hard watching him suffer! It is hard thinking that there is a possibility that he may not finish this treatment... Then what? We aren't giving up, that is for sure!
**Important prayer request for today and next 2 days....**
We pray that the large spotty hives that Camden had last night do not progress into more serious hives...which would then be considered dangerous and treatment would be suspended. I do not want Camden to be put in harms way, but do want to kill these cancer cells. Please Lord, stay with Camden...protect him!
Last night was difficult. Camden had fevers and hives...at one point his fever hit 104. We finally got everything under control... Just in time for the 11:00 scary medication to go up. Prayers and prayers...
....and we crossed over to the not so fun side....poor Camden! Lord, carry us through the next 7 hrs of combined meds and the next 3 days.....
Camden is doing well. He is in and out of sleep as we snuggle. Every so often i hear this sweet little voice whisper, mom...i love you! I promise you Camden, mommy will be right here by your side every second of this battle! We love you buddy and we fight hard to win!!
She's going to keep everyone up to date about my progress. Isn't she the best mommy ever?
Diagnosis: May 9, 2013
Surgery: September 2013
Transplant: September 2013
STRICT ISOLATION UNTIL
Radiation: November 2013
Antibody: January 2014
END OF TREATMENT
June 9, 2014
DFMO Trial: June 2014
(27 months of DFMO)
**FINISHED ALL TREATMENT
JULY 25, 2016
5 years from diagnosis!!
May 9, 2018
5 years from frontline!!
June 9, 2019
IN REMISSION: pending
(waiting for 5 year mark from maintenance).
Benign Tumor: June 2019