6:45 p Today is the last day of antibiotics for Camden. He is getting better. No fevers. His color is returning some. He is still coughing, but I feel like that may take a little longer to get better. They say that the pneumonia will stay in his lungs for weeks. His appetite is very poor. We have to really encourage him to eat and even still it is only bites. His energy level has improved. Emma is coughing now, but I think she has just caught a cold. She has a runny nose, etc. So.....anyone else COMPLETELY SICK OF WINTER??? We are at 13 months of clean scans and 10 months of clear bone marrow.....WE JUST HAVE TO GET OUT OF THESE NEXT FEW DANGEROUS MONTHS OF HIGH HIGH RISK! June cannot come fast enough. And, we continue to pray!!!
8:45 pm: Camden is starting to feel better. He had his second dose of treatment for his pneumonia. He cough is less violent. His fevers haven't gone over 102 and have been lingering around 100-101 if at all. His appetite is poor, but we are striving to keep him well hydrated. Around 5:00 he started screaming in pain that his left ear was hurting. He "yelled" OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH for about 30 minutes. He just had his ears checked yesterday while we were at the ED and they were clear. I put a drop of melaleuca on a cotton ball and rested it near his ear. He feel asleep, but kept waking up, screaming in pain. Now, he claims his ear popped and the pain is gone. My oh my...this boy of ours. He sure does keep us on our toes.
Camden had a much better night last night. He slept well with very minimal coughing. We had the diffuser going and the humidifier running. No fever all night. As we tackle this pneumonia, prayerfully he will start rebounding quickly. Today is another day of R&R.
They ran another flu test because there is a 23% false negative....and the repeat flu test was again NEGATIVE! We did a chest x-ray. This revealed that Cam has a slight left lower lobe pneumonia. The ED doctor correlates all symptoms to the pneumonia. We will follow up at CCMC clinic on Friday. Thank you for your prayers. I am glad we took him in today. He had a really hard night last night, coughing like crazy. This morning his respiratory rate was high, he had short shallow breaths and he was exhausted with activity. And now we pray the pneumonia is the CORRECT diagnosis!
In the emergency room with Cam....trying to get to the bottom of this.
Camden's fevers are now more spread out. He was afebrile from around 10:30 pm last night to 2:15 pm this afternoon. His chest and throat hurt from coughing. He is starting to get a little stubborn with wanting to cooperate with oils/tylenol, etc. I am praying that this illness is coming to an end. His belly is a little upset now. We are continuing to nurse him back to health. Cam asked me earlier, "mom, what is wrong with me? what is going on?" It breaks my heart, because he too...worries about the bigger picture. Without anyone saying a word, it just lingers in the back of all our minds.
Our appointment revealed: eyes, ears, nose and throat are clear. Lungs clear. Flu test was NEGATIVE. Wishing it were positive (how many parents wish for that...sigh)! So, we still have no answers. We give it a few more days...if it gets worse, we will do repeat labs at clinic. Hopefully it will get better from here. With all the bugs and viruses, it just HAS to be that. Staying positive and praying. Thank you everyone for your messages, support, and prayers! xo
As i sit with Camden, who is trembling with fevers, I am really starting to worry. Yes, there are many fever viruses out there right now. It is hard to keep my mind from going back to tumor fevers. This is day 4, it can end now! Please everyone pray that this is only a virus!!!
so we are still battling fevers. i have spoken to oncology and they feel that how i am managing the fevers is adequate and working (because the fevers keep breaking). because camden no longer has a chemo port or a central line, we know that the fevers are not a line infection, so at this point we are safe to stay home, if anything changes, we will have to go into the emergency room. thus far, he is the only one in the house with these symptoms. please pray for camden that he can quickly kick this bug to the curb. the virus doesn't stand a chance against my frankincense oil. we got this!!
Yesterday Camden was battling a bellyache and today it is a cough and fevers. I hate winter! Praying we don't spend our evening in the emergency room. The fever was low grade this morning, now it spiked. Darn!!!!
She's going to keep everyone up to date about my progress. Isn't she the best mommy ever?
Diagnosis: May 9, 2013
Surgery: September 2013
Transplant: September 2013
STRICT ISOLATION UNTIL
Radiation: November 2013
Antibody: January 2014
END OF TREATMENT
June 9, 2014
DFMO Trial: June 2014
(27 months of DFMO)
**FINISHED ALL TREATMENT
JULY 25, 2016
5 years from diagnosis!!
May 9, 2018
5 years from frontline!!
June 9, 2019
IN REMISSION: pending
(waiting for 5 year mark from maintenance).
Benign Tumor: June 2019