It was an extremely long day today! Camden was as amazing as you all knew he would be. We are very hopeful that the collection is every bit of what we need based upon the specific stem cell counts they obtained. We will have final details late tonight!! If we need more, we will get those little rascals tomorrow. We are all exhausted. Praying for some great down time before next weeks chemo! Thank you everyone for your prayers and support!!!
It's happening everyone!!! Camden's first collection will be tomorrow!!! Please please pray that every single cell they harvest is cancer FREE!! These cells will be reintroduced at the time of his bone marrow transplant! It is exciting, but anxiety inducing! Much love crusaders!!
We truly had a great weekend. Some family visited that we have not seen in a while. Camden's appetite is not great, but he surely is eating more. Ron and I suspect our Boston trip is right around the corner. I am praying for a very smooth sailing next few days.......come on stem cells, please cooperate!!!
Even though there is no place like home, we made the right decision to come back to the hospital yesterday. Camden is back on all IV medications, which has eliminated the pressure and stress of trying to get so many medications into him by mouth. His nausea and vomiting has subsided and he is starting to eat and drink more. His missing smile has returned. I am very pleased with how well he looks and feels. We are back to the number crunch....waiting for his blood counts to cooperate so we can go to Boston for the stem cell harvest.
Camden has been readmitted to the hospital. We have not been able to kick the nausea and vomiting. My concerns include dehydration, the effects of a lot of medications on his kidneys along with the dehydration, his weight loss, and his overall weakness. Camden's entire day and night at home revolved around attempts (some successful, most failures) of taking this oral medications. He tried so hard!! We were spinning our wheels. Now his medications can be administered by IV, while we can work on improving his appetite and strength. May God heal him from this illness! Please pray with us!
Our Boston trip has been postponed. Camden is not ready. All phycisians here at CCMC and at Dana Farber are in agreement that his stem cell harvest will not take place until ? next week, as originally planned. The urgent rush for today was based upon lab values that are still changing. It is best to wait until Camden is truly ready and not have to undergo this procedure twice. At this point, we plan to be home today as long as he increases his fluid intake and tolerates medications by mouth. I will continue to update, please continue to pray!!
So the update is: Camden ate a popsicle today. He remains nauseous and has vomitted intermittently. He remains on lots of medications. We are starting to see him perk up more. The new plan is for Cam to be in Boston tomorrow for his stem cell harvest, in preparation for his bone marrow transplant. It is an outpatient procedure and should only take a few hours. It is the next step so we are excited but nervous. Please pray for a great day tomorrow! Thank You!!!!
....status quo. Nausea, vomiting and in bed. Longer stretches between getting sick. He has no interest in food or drink. Tomorrow will bring a better day.
.....BUT, left us with 28 hours (and counting) of constant nausea, followed with vomiting. Cam spent all day in bed today, with only a quick ride in a racecar down the hallway. We pray that he will tolerate sips of a drink or bites of a cracker (or something) soon. Even better, we pray the nausea subsides all together!! He is a strong little boy!! Please someone invent chemo medication without side effects. He is wearing sea bands on his wrists, not sure if they have helped. Praying for a good nights sleep.
I could only wish we were celebrating today surrounded by family and friends. Overall it was an okay day! A few walks, a few coloring activities, nothing to eat or drink, lots of nausea followed by intermittent vomiting! We were looking forward to watching fireworks from a hospital window: no fireworks either! Tomorrow is another day! Thank you God for getting us through this one!!
She's going to keep everyone up to date about my progress. Isn't she the best mommy ever?
Diagnosis: May 9, 2013
Surgery: September 2013
Transplant: September 2013
STRICT ISOLATION UNTIL
Radiation: November 2013
Antibody: January 2014
END OF TREATMENT
June 9, 2014
DFMO Trial: June 2014
(27 months of DFMO)
**FINISHED ALL TREATMENT
JULY 25, 2016